Registration Requirements for FSSAI
FSSAI registration is required for all the FBOs involved in the small-scale food business. It includes the following businesses:
- An FBO whose annual turnover does not exceed Rs. 12 lakh.
- Small retailers dealing in food products
- A person who sells/manufactures any food by himself
- Food sale done by a temporary stallholder
- Individuals distributing food in social/religious gatherings except for a caterer
- Small-scale/cottage industries that deal in food business & the following:
*Procurement, collection, and handling of milk (up to 500 ltr/day)
*Food production capacity apart from milk & meat (up to 100 kg/ltr per day)
*Slaughtering capacity(10 small animals/2 large animals/50 poultry birds per day or less)
How to Obtain FSSAI Registration?
- FSSAI registration is initiated by submitting Form A (application) to the Food and Safety Department.
- This application can be accepted or it may be rejected by the Department within 7 days from the date of receipt of an application and the rejection has to be intimated to the applicant in writing
- If the application is accepted, then the department will grant a registration certificate with the registration number and the photo of the applicant.
- FBO should prominently display the certificate of registration at the place of business during the business hours.
The common documents required for Basic, State and Central Registration are a passport photo and a photo ID proof.
The following documents will be needed for the state and central license:
- List of Food Category
- Address Proof
- List of Equipment
- Incorporation Certificate
- Layout Plan
- NOC from Municipality
- MOA & AOA
- Water Test Report
- List of Partners/Directors
- Export/Import Code
It is important to mention here that the documents required to obtain state and central licenses are slightly different. It is a tedious process to obtain the license and to make it simpler, KBP Advisory & Tax Consultancy can aid you in getting the registration in the most hassle-free way.